Read below some of the super interesting facts about stretch marks!
- Your stretch marks can be shown less if you lose weight but it will not be disappeared by losing weight. They will remain.
- A person will develop stretch marks if they have genes for it whether they have ideal weight or and perfect levels of hormones. Gene disposition plays an important role in having those marks. It means that anyone can get stretch marks whether the person is fat and chubby or thin and weak.
- There are two types of stretch marks: striae rubra and striae alba. Striae rubra are formed initially. They can be turned into the second category if the marks get whitened and silver.
- Water and tropical oils can reduce the stretch marks as they improve the elasticity of the skin.
- You can have skin free of white and silver lines if you would drink lots of water and have a maximum intake of Zinc and Vitamin C. Balanced diet is must to have zero stretch marks.
- Instead of exercising rigorously or having a strict and tough workout, do moderate exercise daily because rigorous exercises and tough workout increase muscles fast that would result in the appearance of white and silver lines as stretch marks.
- The marks indicate that a person might suffer from Cushing’s Syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome or Marfan Syndrome.
- According to doctors and paramedics at a medical center in Motor City, 75 to 90 percent of women develop stretch marks after pregnancy because their skin stretches the most during this as their skin is less elastic at that time.
- It’s a myth that women get stretch marks only; however, the reports and estimates say that 40 percent of boys develop white and silver lines when they go through puberty.
- The stretch marks can be developed anywhere. You can get lines of legs, arms breasts, thighs, and abdomen. It is very common to get marks on the stomach.
- Once you get stretch marks, they will remain with you; although, they get lighter with time. Initially, they would be red or pink as Rubra then they will be turned into white and silver lines or “alba”.
So, these are a few interesting facts about stretch marks. Stretch marks are considered as a flaw and a thing that should be removed; however, it is a sign that you have achieved milestones. Yet, if you find them irritating so you can improve your diet and save some money to have surgeries of stretch mark removal in Dubai!