Our hair grows very fast and if we don’t cut them on time, we would become bears and look like monster soon. And if we don’t visit the best barber shop in Abu Dhabi once in a month or two, then we will be soon seen as a thing to be feared.
People think that the work of a barber is only cutting hair and only maintaining hair but the fact is that some barbers even do manicure and pedicure in Abu Dhabi as well. If you want to become a barber or you want to open a business of barber shop then we suggest that you read the below facts about barbers as well.
You must be thinking that why we are saying to read the facts, well, that will help you in getting new ideas for business and the barbers will feel more pride in their work as well;
- Just like almost words that come from Latin, the word barba comes from a Latin language which means beard.
- In the older days, the person who had a bead, they are said to have wisdom, manhood and strength.
- A barber is said to be the oldest profession because a barber’s razor is mentioned in the old testaments as well where God told prophet Ezekiel, ‘take a sharp sword and it as a barber’s razor to shave your head and beard’.
- There is another example of it being a very old profession. In many tombs in Egypt, people have seen shaving people’s head with big razors and these images are recorded as 6000 years old.
- Barbering was also once called an art. And that was in Greece, in the years of 500 B.C between 600 B.C and it was said to be highly developed art and the artist or you can say barber was seen as a respectable person.
- There was a time when the barbers were seen as priests because they used to remove extra hair from the body and, in some cultures of Egypt, it was considered that excessive hair was the sign of possession.
- You will be shocked to know that barbers were once surgeons and that was in 1800s.
- The oldest barbers used stale urines as shampoos and they called it lotium.